What is a vaporizer?
A vaporizer is a device used to extract the active ingredients of plant material for inhalation. Vaporizing is commonly used for cannabis, tobacco, or other herbs or herb blends.
Vaporization is an alternative to burning (smoking) that avoids the inhalation of many irritating toxic and carcinogenic by-products associated with smoking.
Vaporizing cannabis and herbs
When burning cannabis or herbs, many unwanted, toxic and carcinogenic substances are released, such as carbon monoxide, benzene, toluene and naphtalene.
Using a vaporizer instead of burning your herbs or concentrates eliminates the release of these toxic substances.
How do vaporizers work?
Most vaporizers heat the herbs or cannabis to a temperature of about 180°C, ensuring that all active ingredients melt and release an aromatic vapour that is rich in cannabinouds such as THC, CBD (cannabidiol) and CBN (cannabinol).
No combustion should occur, so (aside for the intended taste) very little ashy smokiness is smelled nor tasted. Vapour ideally contains minimal particulate of tar, and significantly lower concentrations of noxious gases such as carbon monoxide.
Vaporizers contain various forms of extraction chambers including straight bore, venturi, or sequential venturi, and are made of materials such as metal or glass.
The effects of vaporizing are clearer than smoking
The extracted vapour may be collected in a jar or inflatable bag, or inhaled directly through a hose or pipe. With little to no smoke produced and cooler temperatures, less material is required to achieve a given level of effect. Hence, the irritating and harmful effects of smoking are reduced, as is secondhand smoke.
In comparison with other forms of intake, such as eating cannabis, a vaporizer has all the advantages of inhaling THC, such as a fast effect, straight uptake in blood and accurate dosing.
The advantages of a vaporizer
The four main advantages of using a vaporizer:
- Using a vaporizer is less harmful to the lungs than combustion by smoking. Scientific research shows that many harmful substances are released by combustion, such as tar and carbon monoxide
- Using a vaporizer is much more economical as you can use the same amount of weed or herbs 3 to 4 times again with good results. Smoking uses up the weed in one time, releasing all the THC at once
- The vapour released by vaporizing is softer on the lungs than smoke and has a way better flowery flavour and aroma. Ther is no release of tar to foul the original taste and aroma of your (cannabis)plant. This makes vaporizing the perfect way to judge the quality of weed, hash and herbs
- The effects are much clearer and cleaner when using a vaporizer, allowing you to remain functioning. This is in contrast to using a bong, spliff or pipe. Eliminating tobacco also avoids getting addicted to nicotine
Should I buy an electric or portable vaporizer?
We have a large collection of vaporizers in our (online) headshop. So first ask yourself if you are going to use the vaporizer at home or when travelling on the road. Small, portable vaporizers are ideal for travelling, because they don't need to be connected to an electric socket as they have batteries or can be preheated by flame.
Non-portable vaporizers are ideal for home use, last longer and have very accurate temperature adjustments, allowing for optimal effects.
- Heating by flame: Smoke Bubble, Eagle Bill, Vaponic, Vape Lifer, etc.
- With batteries: Magic Flight Launch Box, Iolite, Vapir, Da Vinci, Puffit, etc.
- Electric plug: Volcano, De Verdamper, Vaporite Mini Digital Vaporizer,Vapir One, etc.
Plant and herbs for using in a vaporizer
Plants that are rich in essential oils are particularly suited for using in a vaporizer.
You kan grow them yourself, or get them from the store, or just buy the essential oils that occur in these plants. A drop of this oil together with cannabis can enhance your smoking experience a lot.
Examples of herbs and plants suitable for vaping:
- Weed (cannabis): relaxation, appetite, etc.
- Lavender: for the airways, relaxation
- Thyme: for the airways, diuretic
- Hysop: for the airways, free breathing
- Sage: for the airways, relaxing, mood enhancing
- Eucalyptus: for the airways, relaxing, uplifting
- Rosemary: for the stomach, relaxing, uplifting
- Chamomile: relaxing
- Peppermint: refreshing
Marihuana in itself doesn't narrow the airways, while tobacco does exactly that. Thyme adn Hyssop can be combined. Eucalyptus has a very strong odour. Lavender is also suitable on its own. Chamomile flowers are a good combination with marihuana, as they both relax and ease.
Whatever kind of vaporizer you choose, ordering in our online shop is safe and delivery discreet
Ordering from our online Smoke Shop is easy and simple! You profit from additional beneftis:
- When ordered before 16:00 hours, your order is sent the same day
- Coolest collection in the Benelux
- No delivery costs from 49 euro
- Safe ordering in our secure payment
- Discreet delivery